firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Landscape New Brunswick & Landscape Prince Edward Island
How to manage in the workplace
Employment rules changes
Best Practices for Cleaning and Prevention
• Increase daily cleaning and disinfection of common areas and surfaces. Pay particular attention to door knobs, light switches, staff rooms, desktops, washrooms and other high touch surfaces.
• Cleaning refers to the removal of visible dirt, grime and impurities. Cleaning does not kill germs but helps remove them from the surface.
• Disinfecting refers to using chemical to kill germs on surfaces. This is most effective after surfaces are cleaned. Both steps are important to reduce the spread of infection.
• Use a disinfectant that has a Drug Identification Number (DIN) and a virucidal claim. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label to disinfect effectively. Alternatively, you can prepare a bleach water solution with 100 ml of unscented household bleach per 900 ml of water.
• Be sure to use / take the appropriate precautions when using chemicals for cleaning and disinfecting. Consult the product Safety Data Sheets.
• Wash your hands often and well (at least 20 seconds)
• Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
• Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
• When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands (sneeze or cough into your elbow or a tissue)
Links to Health Resources
Business continuity planning - https://www.ccohs.ca/publications/PDF/businesscontinuity.pdf
Health Canada Risk Prevention - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks.html
Health Canada OHS Guidelines - https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/coronavirus-occupational-health-safety.html
Health Canada Travel Guide - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html
Trade Commissioner of Canada – Advice for businesses https://www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca/campaign-campagne/ressources-entreprises-COVID-19-business-resources.aspx?lang=eng
World Health Organization Info - https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses